December 25, 2007

Christmas

So I know that I am getting old when I ask for knives for cooking and books for Christmas... wow. Oh and my dad got wii games, seriously.
Secondly, I like being around my family a lot despite how they often get on my nerves. Today, we had the gparents over for Lunch and was really hoping for it to just be sister and mom and dad but they came. I enjoy getting to see them. I have never really appreciated them until recently, sorry im a bad person, but now I realize who they are and what they have done. I could only wish to have the legacy that they do. I pray that my children all love Jesus, like theirs, are successful in what they do (not always meaning financially), have children that love Jesus too. What a legacy.
Thirdly, Christmas is the season of contradictory ideas. Jesus was born in a manger, condescended, became man, and died. We however, make it into a i want stuff and spend more money then i actually have. We turned the worship of the King into a worship of creation... on the day of His birth. I do it too all the time, notice what the first thing on this entry is. May I be changed more and more.

God blessed me immensly the last week or so in his gifts...

0 comments: