December 17, 2007

drummer boy

So I got to hunt this week and it was glorious. Killed two deer and got to relax, which was much needed. I want to be a mountain man again, but then again i like being around people.

Anyway, i realized today that I am, and we all are, little drummer boys.
Little Baby,
I am a poor boy too,
I have no gift to bring,
That's fit to give the King,
Shall I play for you,..., On my drum?
...
I played my drum for Him,
I played my best for Him,
Then He smiled at me

Oh how I have nothing to give i feel. nothing to bring to the king for he is all and not fed by human hands that little baby. All the kings bring gifts but oh how poor i am. I still get so caught up trying to give my Lord a gift but my righteousness is nothing but filthy rags before him. Nothing is worthy of him. Shall I play for him... on my drum? All I can do is enjoy what he has given me and play my best for him. He is Lord and God and creator of all things. how wonderful it is when he smiles at me and oh how i long for it.
I am going to write once a week from now on...

0 comments: