January 31, 2008

obeying directions

The law shows the state of the heart. It is for the revelation of the gap between God and man. Jesus commands us to do things to show us that if I was, as he is, I would not need to be have any law against me. The law and instructions of Christ reveal deficiencies in my ability to fully live the life that God originally intended. He commands us because we do not do, not that we have too, because we are covered by the blood never to be let go, but to show our continued inadequacies and the need of reliance upon the strength of grace. I think that Romans 5-7 are the best example of this as well as anything that Jesus tells us to do because there is no reason to need to hear the great commission if he has affected me to the point of an overflow but the flesh still has some sort of reign… but if I am transformed, I will naturally call out to him and proclaim his name.

I taught youth this weekend it was like worship to me.
I like being busy... it makes me happy.
Life has settled down.
I can't choose.
Living in my house is great.
I havent slept in a long time but it has made me reliant, which i am thankful for.
I cant wait for school to start and learn from a rediculous professor.
I am gifted at many things but am also tempted by many things.

2 comments:

rob. said...

and i thought my blog was intense...
jk. your thoughts were very good.

hope you get some sleep soon!

Ashie Nichole said...

Jimmy, I love reading your blog.

Love you!! Thanks for listening the other day, you are the best!!