November 4, 2007

release

There are just so many things that I hold in my hand that I really do not even know that I do. I have been lucky to make so many good friends in Denton that I thought I would be staying here for a long time, friends I want to have for a long time, but now it's not looking so good. I thought and have a posibility of working at Dbu but in reality that is not where I need to be. There is a calling on my life, gifts that I have been given, and desires in my life that I long to fulfill that need to be started otherwise will get put on the backburner. It is an unwillingness to let go of my comfort and the place I want to be in that has hurt me in the past few weeks, rather then the other soap opera and sadness/hurt for something that I thought it was. There is something that I have been put on this planet for and I believe that, that is where God wants me to do his work rather then being comfortable, which sucks sometimes. So now I am open to going or being wherever I am called rather then where I want to be, because where I am called will be my joy and his glory in the end despite the immediate pain.

5 comments:

Jacob Vanhorn said...

You up for round two...? I will call you soon.

Anonymous said...

i'm excited for this post - who knows, maybe this time next year you'll find yourself halfway across the world -- or worse, you'll still be in denton and have your soul scream to go somewhere else. i pray it's the former, and that you discover it's beautiful.
hard. but beautiful.

Ang said...

Obedience is of utmost importance in our call to follow Christ...know that if you have a CALLING on your life that it is from God, the Maker and Creator, the One with the power to bless and not to bless. And God doesn't bless disobedience. Live in obedience to Him, you will not always be comfortable and it will not always be fun, but in the end you will always be blessed. Isn't that risk greater than the one where you sit complacently in the same place for temporary fun? Think about it. And come back and visit. You know where I work.

Anonymous said...

if you feel like God is leading you somewhere, be careful before you step anywhere. If God is calling you to Austin, I'd rather lose our time together than watch you disobey. Just a thought.

Jacob Vanhorn said...

Praying for you brother